CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This policy is valid from 23 June 2008.This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Stay at home mom

When I got pregnant with Brayden, we knew that I wouldn't be able to stay at home with him full time and that I must, at some point, return to work. We did discuss though, because at the time Brayden wasn't supposed to have a sibling for quite some time, that when I got pregnant with the second child that I would become a stay at home mom. By then hopefully we would have our finances straightened out and we could be comfortable on just one income with me possibly working a little from home doing things online.

Granted that was just a plan.

Now, here I am, 28 weeks pregnant with Aslynn and I am a stay at home mom. Not by choice.

I worked for Brad's family who own their own appliance repair company. Its somewhat prominent here in the county and well, business has slowed down quite a bit. I worked there for almost two years and I never once saw it this slow. All of the repair companies around here are slow.

It's the economy. We all know that.

So, it seemed that my "in-laws" had no choice but to lay me off in hopes that it would be temporary. I don't think it will be. It's been this slow for almost two months now.

So now my days are spent nurturing my next little flower, tending to Brayden(my growing weed now), and being a "housewife".


With this also comes a sacrifice from Brad just make sure that we can get a little extra here and there. He's having to leave his maintenance position at work back to floor and possibly onto a different shift all so that he can get overtime on Saturdays since they weren't letting him on his current shift.


Everything happens for a reason and I am a firm believer in that and I know that it will be okay and that it will get a little easier once we adjust to this new lifestyle, but its going to be a bumpy road, but as long as my Tater and Aslynn are ok I'll be just fine.

0 comments: